As the summers are just around the corner, it’s time to bring back some delicious and easy-peasy to make lassis. There are many types of lassi that are made in India and by Indians around the world. In short, this creamy and typically Punjabi drink is a must-have.
If you want to make lassi at home, take a look at these recipes!
1. Mango Lassi
- 1 cup mango pulp
- 1 cup yoghurt
- ½ cup of cold milk
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Pistas, garnishing
- Saffron strands, garnishing
- In a large bowl, add mango pulp, yoghurt, milk, sugar, and cardamom powder.
- Then, churn it with the help of a blender.
- Finally, pour into a glass and garnish with pistas and saffron strands. Serve chiiled!
2. Banana Lassi
- 2 over-ripe bananas
- 1 ¼ cups of thick yoghurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Roughly chop the bananas.
- Then, add the bananas, milk, yoghurt, ice cubes, and sugar together the in the blender.
- Finally, pour into a glass and serve chilled.
3. Chocolate Lassi
- 1 cup thick yoghurt
- 2 tbsp water
- 100 gms dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- Ice cubes
- Add chocolate and cocoa in a bowl with 2 tbsp water and microwave for about 60 secs or until melted.
- Let the chocolate sit till it comes to room temperature.
- Then, mix the chocolate with yoghurt, caster sugar, and some ice. Grind them until they are evenly mixed.
- Finally, serve chilled in a tall glass.
4. Avocado Lassi
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4-5 green cardamom pods, crushed and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- Slice the avocado in half. Remove the pit, peel and roughly chop it.
- Then, in a blender add avocado, yoghurt, milk, sugar, cardamom, and rosewater and process till it’s creamy. Add sugar if needed.
- Finally, serve the lassi chilled in a tall glass.
5. Blueberry Lassi
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups of yoghurt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pour the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Finally, add it to a glass and drink immediately.
What are you waiting for? Try out these Lassis and enjoy the summer time!
To Read more interesting topics Click Here