Though sex in itself is a great form of exercise, it takes a lot of energy and stamina to have it. Sex burns about 4.2 calories per minutes for men and 3.1 calories per minute for women, but just like any other exercise, even sex must have an average session of 20 minutes.
To enjoy some feel-good sex, you need to stay fit. We’ve heard that working out benefits us during sex. How? Well, to feel aroused your body engages to the similar functions that it does when you are exercising. While you get sweaty in bed your body engages your heart rate, blood pressure and flow, respiratory rate, and muscles. This also happens when you exercise. So, yes, sex is a good form of exercise but workout to last long.
Planks are simple, but it’s not easy lot of strength goes to hold yourself on your arms and toes. For both men and women, core strength is the main aspect of good health and sex. It also builds your muscles around your abs, back, and pelvis.
How to do it:
- Get into the push-up position and then drop to your elbows.
- Next get your feet closer, shoulder-width apart with your toes touching the ground.
- Finally, roll your shoulders back and down, keep your neck and hear neutral. Hold it for 20 seconds.
2. Glute Bridge
Another workout that will keep you fit and also help you last longer during sex is the glute bridge. It helps your hamstrings and glutes to thrust better, which in result gives you and your partner more pleasure.
How to do it
- Lie on a yoga mat, with your knees bent, feet on the ground and palms on either sides.
- Keep focus on your core and push it through your heels, while raising your pelvis off the ground.
- While, doing this make sure your shoulders and upper back is on the mat.
- Finally, reach the stiff bridge positions and hold the position for 20 seconds. Do 15 reps of glute bridge.
We’ve all done push-ups at least once in our lifetime (just to show-off though), but push-ups are a must for all those who like to experiment with positions. Through this exercise, you not only get better in sex but also your body and arm strength increases.
How to do it:
- Keep your arms straight and palms shoulder-width apart.
- Next, keep your head and neck neutral and your core strong.
- Lower your body down by bending your elbows and keep going till your chest touches the ground.
- Now, push up through your palms, extending your arms. Do 10-15 reps.
4. Pigeon Pose
Pigeon pose enables deep stretches in your groin, hips, and glutes. Do about 1 minute on each side to get better in sex.
How to do it:
- Get on all fours
- Now, Bring one knee forward and let it rest behind your right writst/
- Now, swing your right foot up and to the left, while placing your right ankle near your left hip/
- Then, begin to straighten your left leg and slide it behind you. Keep your toes pointed.
- Hold the position for about 20 seconds and change sides.